Monday, 27 January 2014

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick!

First of all I really need to apoligise for not blogging in such a long time. My life just seemed to start speeding by at such a rate that I couldn't find time to write posts. Anyway I'm back now and what better way to start off again than with one of YSL's gorgeous lipsticks. 

As I am trying to slowly build up my high end lipstick collection, I thought it was about time I tried one from YSL. Choosing which colour to get was definitely the hard part (mostly because I was buying it online). As usual I looked at swatch after swatch on google images and decided to take a chance on Rose in Tension (17). 
Rose in Tension is a beautiful bright rosy pink that would definitely suit a lot of skin tones and make-up looks. There is quite a bit of glitter through the lipstick which I was a little concerned about but luckily it isn't over powering at all.

The product is a dream to apply. It glides on so effortlessly and one quick swipe is enough to bring it to it's vibrant finish. The colour lasts a decent amount of time on the lips but I do touch it up every couple of hours to make sure it stays true to it's rosy colour.

I can not publish this post with out saying how ABSOLUTELY AMAZING the packaging is. It is hands down the most luxurious looking product in my entire collection. One quick glance at it and you know for sure its an expensive lipstick. I had luckily saved up enough Boots points so I didn't need to splash out the £24 but I'm sure I will on another one of YSL's beauties in the foreseeable future!!

Thank you so much for reading!

Freya x 

1 comment: