Monday, 30 December 2013

My Best Decision From 2013!

I have been told many times that life is far too short to be doing something you hate. A couple of months ago I found out that that was exactly what I was doing. I hated almost everything about my life and I honestly had a struggle finding out what was causing me to feel that way. My job as a waitress was starting to become a real chore which it had never been before. I used to really enjoy my job but I suddenly started getting feelings of dread every time I was about to start a shift. 

It got to the point that even at home I was constantly irritated and unhappy which is completely out of character for me. I'm the type of person who tries to see the best in bad situations and is generally an upbeat, happy person.
Source: Google
 The only thing that had changed in my life was the fact I started college. I had chosen a Business HNC course which I studied at my nearest college. This was the ammunition to my (almost) constant unhappiness. While I was still at school, it came to the point that I had to decide what I wanted to do the following year. I was completely stumped. I had absolutely no idea. College seemed to be my only option so that's what I went for. As for the course, I am pretty sure I did pick the right one. I really enjoyed doing Higher Business Management so it definitely wasn't the course that I hated. I didn't think being at college would have such a major effect on my life. To put it simply, I was feed up of education. 

 Being talked at by a lecturer while I struggled to stay awake isn't a good situation. I was ready after my six years of high school to go into a full time job (even if I didn't know it at the time). So after a good amount of thinking and talking to my parents, I decided to drop out of college. It was not an easy decision and honestly I wasn't 100% sure I had made the correct chose. But never the less I signed the withdrawal form, handed it in to the college and walked out the door feeling myself again.
This post is just to show you that if you hate what you are currently doing, change it! I can't imagine how I'd be feeling now if I had carried on at college. Also don't let other people influence your choses too much as YOU are the one having to live with it not them. I'm positive I went to college to keep people happy instead of following my own heart. Which I sincerely regret now. 

One thing I want to be clear about is that life doesn't have a road that you have to follow. A lot of people probably think it is essential to finish school then go to college or university, which may work for them but not everyone. I am a living example of that!! Why not go off road a bit from the rest of the herd and find yourself. Get inspired and be the best version of yourself possible because with or without a degree, you can be successful. 
Source: Google
As for what I am doing now, I became a full time waitress at the hotel I was working at and started to look for apprenticeships and full time jobs. A month or so ago I heard that the current full time receptionist at the hotel was leaving. My manager asked me if I wanted to apply for the post so I did and I got the job!!! 

I couldn't be happier. 
Leaving college is the best decision I have ever made.

Thank you so much for reading, I really hope this didn't bore you to much but I just wanted to share my experience!

Follow your heart<3

Freya x 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this so much!

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little nervous to put this post up because so many people have different opinions on this but I'm glad someone agrees with me! :)

      Freya x

      Delete