Saturday, 12 October 2013

REVIEW: Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick!

A couple of weeks ago Debenhams had 10% off all beauty products and of course, me being me decided that  it would be a good idea to go on to the website for a 'look'. I ended up having about six different products in my basket which was a bit ridiculous, so I quickly deleted five of them before I persuaded myself that I needed wanted them. The product I was left with was a Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in 866 Paparazzi. This lipstick was originally £24 which is definitely very expensive for a lipstick but with 10% off, I got it for £21.60. I also got free P&P because i'm part of the Debenhams beauty club. Even with the discount, this was definitely a bit of a splurge for me and I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon especially with Christmas quickly approaching.

Lets first just talk about how amazing this packaging is. Its just so sleek and beautiful that I almost don't feel bad about spending over £20 on a lipstick. I definitely prefer this black/blue packaging to their normal clear-ish one, I think it just makes it look even more expensive. 

I was very careful about what colour I was picking from the collection since I wasn't actually going to get the see/swatch the lipstick before purchasing. Blind buying is a very tricky thing so always go with a colour you know you suit. My colour is berry, all my favourite lipsticks are berry toned and its perfect for this time of year so I went for 866 Paparazzi. I did spend a lot of time reading reviews and looking at swatches of all the berry toned lipsticks but Paparazzi just seemed to stick out to me.

Paparazzi is quite a dark berry and it doesn't have any sort of shimmer through it. The texture of the lipstick is lovely, it applies very smoothly (something i'd hope for with a £24 lipstick) and it leaves the lips with a slightly glossy effect. I love when lipsticks do this as it just makes them feel more hydrating and also you don't have to bother with a lip gloss over it. 

Overall, this lipstick is very luxurious and even with it's expensive price tag, I do love it a lot. It is very moisturising and the colour is just to die for. I would recommend this colour to everyone but if you are just looking for a berry lipstick to get you through the Fall, there are some amazing ones for a lot cheaper on the high street. 


I hope you enjoyed this little review post!

Freya x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Freya,
    Thanks for the review! Seems like Diore lipstick is great! :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete